Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Cheeriest Leader

Bella had cheer camp today from 1-5...This was the start of her program!! Woo...I Will be busy between the 2 in sports and all the running! When went to pick her up at camp, we had to be there at 4:30 to see their "Show Off" Mind you, she has never done dance or cheer, so I thought she did great! Way better than her momma...she must get her coordination from her daddy, and her limberness from me...
Please excuse the pics, it was only 3/4's of the way through then I realized that that my red eye was not on...so don't mind the devil eyes!!





I snapped this one out front, but it was really bright and already 95* at 9:40 a.m....so they are a little squinty!

I will get some better ones..there will be lotsa picture taking in the next couple months!!

So today I think I realized how serious a sport football was...We were told that while the coach appreciated the parent support, DO NOT cross the line onto the field...that they will cry, they will get hurt, they will be hot & thirsty, and that they as the coaches would take care of the kids! Which really is for the best, I was just nervous because Scotty has never really been tackled!

As I heard the helmets clashing, mind you these are 1st & 2nd graders....I felt a little weak, asking myself, 1. If I made the right choice, against his will that he play football 2. Is he going to be one of them crying 3. How is he going to respond to the yelling? 4. Will he be the first one hurt? 5. How am I going to respond, with someone, other than me yelling at my kid?

The answer to all of the above, is he was fine, actually more than fine!! he did not cry..he did not get hurt....and I remained a parent on the side line. All went well, we'll see how the rest of the week goes...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!