Tuesday, October 25, 2011

something yummy

Happy Tuesday! We have a short week again this week, the kids have no school Friday for parent/teacher conferences..Also Scott is taking Scotty to a college football game Thursday night, and it is near Miami, FAR...so good thing there is no school!

Am trying to keep a hold of my weight it seems like i go between 1.5 to a full 3 lbs from my end weight of 115. i am doing about 1100-1200 calories a day, which is more than 500 calorie decrease than what it says I need to maintain..um helloooo...the last time I was eating 1900 calories a day I was not fitting in the jeans! That is what it said I needed to eat to maintain my weight, umm don't think so! So I am going to see where this puts me by the end of the week. I still weigh myself daily, which I think sometimes is a bad thing, but on the other hand, it keeps me in check, makes me think about what I am putting in my mouth and more importantly WHY. lately it is a stress thing, anxious, nervous about the upcoming changes (good changes) but it is still the whole thing, another move, pack it up, unload it...all with a smile...

So back to the eating thing, so I L.O.V.E. peanut butter, I eat it every morning on a Thomas' multi grain lite english muffin, and I could actually eat 2, but I only eat 1 of the halves...but since I did the diet, I have been so conscious of labels, fat, sugar and calories..so I tried a couple new things, like the english muffins and I bought Smart Balance peanut butter, and let me tell you, there is really no taste difference between the Jif and Smart Balance...YUM.



This morning, I had oatmeal. i am not a huge oatmeal fan, but this brand Better Oats was great, it was light and smooth, made with water it was surprisingly creamy too! I added one Stevia for sweet, since there is no added sugar, and it is only 100 calories...a great portion too, it filled the bowl! So I feel pretty satisfied. I walked first this morning and then had my coffee and breakfast when I got back..it feels like if I eat first everything sits really high in my stomach, and when you are trying to walk at a decent pace, that is not a good feeling! My goal with eating both the english muffin and the oatmeal, was to hopefully eliminate the mid morning snack, and eat lunch right at noon....so we will see.

It is crazy, because this is all new to me, for never having a weight issue, never exercising, eating anything I wanted...this can be discouraging! I want to eat yummy stuff, and right now I don't feel like I could even have a cheat day yet...I am working on it, but it is really a control thing, and sometimes I lack self control...I am human!

But it sure does feel great to wear jeans and shorts that a month ago I could not pull over my hips, let alone button!I try to remember that when I tell myself I am hungry (when really I am not)

Am off to clean up around here, and do some laundry...sometimes it feels like that part never ends!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!