Tuesday, February 21, 2012

prayers...

Hi all, I am catching up on posts today, actually tonight between basketball, gymnastics and birthdays I aagain behind! BUT I am asking for prayers for my Dad, please...

Saturday morning my phone rang, at 9 am, it was my mom in California, it was 7 am there. I said hi, and the next thing out of my mouth was "what's wrong?" Because it was so early there on a Saturday I knew somehting had to be wrong...
 My dad had not felt good on Thursday and said he was short of breath..Friday when my mom got home, he could hardly breathe. They went to the hospital, praise God, because if not he could have died. They found blood clots on both his lungs and one in his leg.

Helpless, is not even the word to describe how I felt.

They admitted him, used blood thinners to get rid of the clots, and finally today he went home..

I cannot tell you how relieved I am that he is ok, and I am praying that he stay ok..so in your prayers if you'd pray for him, I appreciate it...

Dad, I love you, and I know you will read this! I am sad I was not there to be with you, or mom, I love you very much and if I haven't said it enough or lately, thank you for loving me like your own, taking care of me, and listening when I needed you...I can not imagine my life had you not been a part of it.

In His Grip
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your dad has the blood clots. As a clot survivor myself, I know that they can be painful and life threatening. I'm wondering why your dad got the clots? Are they looking into that? I had my serious incident five years ago, and I almost died of a hemorrhagic stroke which was caused by blood clots in my head. I also had them in my lungs and I had a DVT in my left leg. I had a wonderful hematologist who had them check my blood for clotting disorders. They found I had Protein C deficiency, a semi rare genetic disorder that causes the blood to become hypercoagulative. I am on blood thinners for life, and I was only 52 at the time. Since then, my brothers and sisters have been checked, and 2 of them inherited the disorder. Both of them have since then had clotting incidents. (they are younger than me)

    Anyway, I just wanted you to consider checking into whether your not your dad has been tested for these disorders (for more information you can go to clotcare.com.) These diseases have only been discovered for about 20 years, and they are finding out more every day.

    I will pray that your dad's clots continue to heal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment!