Friday, March 2, 2012

a short getaway!

Sorry I have been lost in the busy part of life! Lots going on...First off THANK YOU for your prayers for my dad! He did leave the hospital, on blood thinners and is at home recuperating! Slow and a little weak, but doing better! Thank You again!

Last week we decided to take a quick trip to Colorado..Well not quick, it is about 14 hours from us, but a drive we can do in one day, not a fun day, but none the less in one day...We left Friday morning and drove back Monday. I was not a fan of going, mainly because I do not like to be cold, I don't like to be cold in Texas, let alone in Colorado! But after we got there, I was really glad we went! Scott's Mom and Step Dad moved up there from California and they live in a small town called Pagosa Springs. Which was great by me it was not busy or congested, which I am all for! We got a really nice 2 bedroom place to stay in, and the kids did stay one night at their Mimi & Pa's house! they were very happy!!! Here is a view from our room....




We went to the mountain Saturday, and Scott was trying to help Scotty learn to snow board, it went good, but it is Hard! It takes more than a day of trying to learn to really get it down...but he gave it great effort!










While they were doing that the girls made their own fun....and played in the snow!





After the kids were getting tired and whiny, we headed back to the room to get cleaned up and go to Mimi's house...She was making Chicken and Dumplings, and mashed potato's (my body was in Carb Shock, since I don't eat a TON of them anymore!)
On Sunday, we did what we knew they'd have the best time doing, sledding, off some remote hill in town, without a ton of people there! Now that is our kind of fun!! The kids had a blast, it was a good size hill, a few times I thought Brynne was going to cry, but she just kept getting up and going for more!!
























We had a lot of fun! it is like when we go to the beach, we don't need to be actually doing anything, they are just happy to be outside and playing...us too!

We went to eat that night, and I did what I always say I am going to do, and actually did it, I took pictures! After the scare with my dad, I realized how little pictures we have with the kids and their grandparents, so I will be the cooky girl who's saying ok, smile, let's get a picture, I'd rather be cooky, than sorry later!!







Again, I am really glad we went..it is so hard with all of us in different states now, we have to make the most of it even if it is only a few days!

Happy Friday and Make some Memories!
Big hugs
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!