Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Butterflies..

Last night was our second football practice and this was my dinner....

This was my dinner at 9:30 last night, by the time I finally could sit down to watch a little Bethenny Getting Married...and do NOTHING!! Yesterday was just one of "those" days...I was busy, in the car most of the day, didn't eat well, just ran all over creation, and my husband is gone...it was definitely one of those days...So my sweet neighbor, Jennie Beth ...we call her JB....brought me this carrot cake...Very sweet she is...I really like her alot, and am thankful to have someone normal living on at least one side of me!!

Football tonight was tough, to say the least. My ease of it the other night, was a mirage...because I had a glimmer that maybe this won't be so bad...well it just might be tougher than I thought!!
They did drills, which Scotty has never done before, and he also missed the first 3 or 4 practices, so he is a little lost in the shuffle...about half was through, I text Scott, because I could tell he was or was about to cry, out on the field...he kept looking at me, not really paying attention to what was going on, and I knew the look, even from afar, it was the look of "Save Me".
So this is a hard look for a mom to get, I wanted to jump in and swoop him up, in my heart that was my feeling, I was sad for him...but my head said to have him stick it out...he came off the field saying his stomach hurt, he was coughing and crying...it was sad, in that moment, I felt like maybe this was not the right thing to be doing...Then my head took over, got him some water, gave him a little pep talk, and sent him back out...The drills were over (the hard part) and it was about 104*...he got back out there and finished...







I was VERY proud of him that he got back out there, and gave it his all...I just want him to have fun, play on a "team" sport and make some friends that he could really have the rest of his life..It is not important to me if he is great or not, because right now he is not, he is new, learning afraid...You know that feeling, even as adults, when you have butterflies in your stomach..whether they are good butterflies or bad..they are all a jumble of emotions..I am sure his stomach was a flutter like crazy, knowing you have to go up next, or do something, that you, yourself are unsure of...this is very foreign to him...he has never been tackled in his life! He has sisters...
On the other hand, I know he will succeed, he will be well rounded, and he will learn the game..and either want to play again or not..I just want him to be encouraged and have fun, even though this hardly seems like fun right now...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!