Saturday, October 9, 2010

Surviving Homecoming Week...

Well aside from having no Internet service the week prior, I have been unable to "catch up"..ugh!! I have been sick for 2 weeks, finally I went to the Dr., and I have a sinus infection..But other than that it has been a very busy week!! We had a homecoming parade..something I have personally never seen! living in California, they did not do that, even when I was a kid..We always had a Homecoming Dance, which I never went to either!! They also have something traditional, called a "mum"...I again have never seen anything like this!! it is a HUGE ribbon corsage thingy...HUGE!!! The older the girls are, the bigger they are, and then they have garter ones made for the boys arms...This is a new tradition to us, but an old one for them..

The theme for Homecoming was "Better Together Believe", so both kids were on floats, one for the 1st grade cheer and then one for the 1/2 football team...we decorated them, bagged candy, dolled up, and off we went!! Everything in town closes early, and the kids were out of school at noon...to prepare!! We also went to the Homecoming football game, and it was crazy busy and packed!! here are a few pics of the parade and the kidos...these were before the parade...





These were at the start to end of the parade...























So that sums up the Homecoming parade...We played the Van Alstyne Panthers, hence the hanging black panther on a float...Ok, I can be pretty gutsy, but THIS is plain Tacky.....


How do you show up at a Celina game with banners like these?? Jealousy!! how sad...and to talk about Blue being the New Orange, are you kidding me?? We showed them, and BEAT them!! I left at half time, but the score was 55 to 20 something...and we are UNDEFEATED!!! woo hoo!!

Well I have more to post but this one took it out of me..so I'll post again tomorrow! I am tired and I am sure I have a hungry kid around here somewhere!! haha!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!