Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Goals....

Well the New Year is here and I am ready.....More ready than I thought I would be...In some ways!

So for the New Year we went to JB & Anthony's house (next door) for our NEW Holiday tradition...something we have never done or eaten back home! Black eye peas and cabbage!! the kids and I went over in our jammies and hung out, ate a yummy little spread...I knew that was my Last Meal...cause momma has a few pounds to lose, actually to the tune of 15! (Hello, are you kidding me!!)

YUM...Old way of eating....(the way I love and enjoy so much!

My New way of life, which I am less than thrilled about!! But it actually doesn't taste awful...
So the morning of the new year, before we went to JB's, i thought I would step on the scale, and to myself, I was HORRIFIED!!! Ok, so I knew my jeans were uncomfortably tight, and some I knew I could not get on, but the sale confirmed WHY this would be....ok...118...Now to a lot of people they would love to see 118, but me, um NO! I am only 5'1, on a good day, and my best weight is about 105 or so...so this was a tragedy! I love jeans and out of the 13 or so pairs, 3 fit comfortably, translation: I can get them on and if I do enough stretches, the stretch out enough not to be miserable...That my friend is not acceptable...

So here goes Shakeology...my friend Kara told me about it, and I signed up, so I could get a discount, and this will be a meal of mine daily, taking out one other meal. I do not usually eat breakfast, and if Scott is traveling, this will be a great dinner, then I can fix the kids something easy, and I will drink this....But for the next 3 days, I am doing a "ShakeDown" and this will be all 3 of my meals a day, plus 2 little snacks, and a light salad and chicken or fish dinner....Ok, anyone who really knows me, knows this is going to be a HUGE deal to me..I LOVE FOOD, and really in my life have been able to eat anything, and I did not gain weight...Those days are apparently over, and someone forgot to tell me!!

On another note, I have a few more goals this new year, and they are things I feel I need to work on, for my own piece of mind...

Go to Church more, and try to learn more about God, make it a higher priority than what I have in the past....

Be a better Mom, manage my time better, Be a better friend and wife to my husband...

Be funner...meaning not the one who is always cracking the whip on my kids! Make time to laugh and play more!!

Be able to wear all the 25 bikinis in my drawer, and not have to buy a tankini (my husband wants this most lol....Just kidding, I do!)

Hope Y'all are off to a great new years start...may you make many happy memories, explore new things, enjoy a new adventure, make new friends...and enjoy every minute of this life!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!