Tuesday, September 13, 2011

stopped to think

Good Morning...Hope your Tuesday is off to a great start! So I decided to start Atkins, again...and it is so hard! For me, I am not a breakfast person, AT ALL. So to choke down a couple eggs, only piled with cheese, is hard..but I keep telling myself I CAN DO THIS... ( i can)

We had football and cheer in the 9k degree heat this weekend...Practices have been getting cancelled a lot due to rain....then when we go to practice the fields are like marshes, literally..it is gross....

I wish I had more to blog about..all my crafty stuff is still boxed up! But I was stopping to think about a few things, and while this is just my opinion, or how I feel..here it is...

I got back from my walk this morning, and sat down to read some blogs and came across  this one.....click here... I read her all the time, I love it! But it is not necessarily her post about the PDA, it was the part about moving to Wyoming, in the middle of nowhere when her kids are 12. (i can relate)

In all the time I lived in Celina, the little things I didn't "get" I see now...and all along when we left California in search of "that" life, we found in Celina....I questioned and struggled with both...did I want my kids to be well rounded, grow up in a place of much diversity and religions, so that when they got older they would be prepared for the "real world"...or did I want them to be grow up, in a small town, where everyone knows everyone, where people watch out for your kids, where things maybe a little slower, and every ones pretty much doing the same thing..church, sports, cheer, and being a part of a community..I pick the latter...

I could not always see it before, but in my head and heart when we left California, I wanted the simple life...where the question wasn't "do you go to church?" it was "what church do y'all attend?" Where it is yes ma'am, and doors being held for you...it is small town USA....

And I will be embracing it, with big wide open arms! I can't wait to see that huge Texas sky...I always remember telling Scott that the sky looked so big there...he reminded me, there aren't thousands of houses filling up the back ground...he's right, and I can't wait....

Happy Tuesday!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!